Monday, August 11, 2008

Handmade Pledge



This is a very simple way of helping support artists in your local area or in the U.S.A., and there are artists in other countries.

Very thing on these sites is handmade, take a few moments with your coffee or favorite drink in hand, just don't spill on your computer, and take a look at the wonderful crafts and other items you can find here. What a great way to do Christmas shopping this year. http://www.buyhandmade.org/ and on the right hand side a little ways down is a list of sites where you can go and find handmade items.

I took the pledge to buy handmade and make things myself to give as gifts.

You may say that some of the items are more money then you would like to spend, well, think of this. They are handmade not mass produced, most will be one of a kind. Why wouldn't anyone love to receive a gift like that.


The weather here in Northeast Ohio has been cooler and rainy the past few days, I think Fall maybe here sooner then we would like, which means snow is around the corner.

At least the cooler weather has put the Japanese Beetles at bay for a while, they have been so bad this year, it is the first year that I have had to use something called "Bag-a-Bug", I've never seen so many Japanese Beetles in my life, use to collect them in jars when I was little, that was just a few years ago, LOL.


Off to work on my Journal for the Fair and my piece for the "One Voice" exhibit, will post them when I am done working on them.


Keep Smiling and make something handmade,

RoseMary

No comments: